Re: Centos 5 timeline?

LOL ... well for some of us running in production, the 2.6 kernels were needed
for connection to our SANs and certain HBA controllers (also LVM2). On top of
that there are some vendor requirements for features in the 2.6 kernels etc. I
guess that what keeps everything interesting and wonderful :p  personally ...
we've had zero issues running the 2.6 kernels in prod but, to each their own
:)

I have...2.6 has a memory leak in its routing code and I had boxes that would hit this problem...finally fixed in 2.6.11 but it took quite a long time (six months IIRC) before the network code guys figured it out. Said fix was then backported to RHEL4 kernels.

Then there was this odd performance issue which I cannot remember with RHEL4 kernels but was fixed in the RHEL4.4 update.