Re: Samba config for Windows on VMWare

----- Original Message -----
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:53:32 -0700
From: "Bart Schaefer" <barton.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Samba config for Windows on VMWare

NAT is in fact exactly what you want here, I think.  VMware will
assign an IP from one of the unrouted ranges that are reserved for
LANs for cummunication between the host and guest, but any connections
from the guest to the internet will be translated to/from the host's
DSL IP.

Thanks - tried it and got this popup window:

Could not open /dev/vmnet8: no such file or directory.Virtual device
Ethernet0 will start disconnected.

Do I just go ahead and mknod /dev/vmnet8 or is there more to it?
Better, where is a good (and hopefully simple) reference for this?

Thanks (again).

mhr