Re: Oracle on NetApp

I've had one experience with Oracle + Netapp and it was positive as well. I will also concur with Paul and say that you do get amazing service by paying an order of magnitude (or more) extra for storage from Netapp. :)

I saw a total-cost-of-ownership from our datacenters that was like $40/megabyte for NetApp filers. this was considerably higher than the large scale EMC SAN (which also has proactive service where they show up and swap out failing drives before you even know they are going flakey). FWIW, operations uses the EMC for Oracle, and the NetApp for flat file storage. I'm in development on a different continent, so all this is hearsay, and that number could be way off.