Re: Oracle on NetApp

Paul Heinlein wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Mindaugas wrote:

Anyone using or tested Oracle (OLTP load) on NetApp? Connected via Fibre Channel not NFS.

I'm not a DBA, but... I've worked in Oracle/NetApp/NFS environments (not Fibre Channel), and the performance was fine.

NetApps have great uptimes, and the service is such that NetApp will sometimes deliver to your desk a replacement for a dying disk before you knew it was throwing errors. :-)

I'll be happy to put you in off-list contact with the admin who actually set up and maintained the system in question.

I've had one experience with Oracle + Netapp and it was positive as well. I will also concur with Paul and say that you do get amazing service by paying an order of magnitude (or more) extra for storage from Netapp. :)

Cheers,