Re: Installing Parallel Zip 250 on 4.4

On 3/9/07, Rob Lines <rlinesseagate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to install a Zip 250 drive on CentOS 4.4 but the detect hardware at boot up is not finding it.

I am not sure where to start as normally hardware is installed at the initial install or it auto detects on boot.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if this helps, but many years ago I used Iomega 100MB on the parallel port, and if I may remember correctly the SCSI subsystem is what took care of it. So I had to load the SCSI modules and so on.

Maybe you have to load one or more modules if it does not automatically.

Execute 'dmesg' and see if there is any output telling about the parallel port or the Zip drive.

Also execute 'lsmod' and paste here the result.