Re: Centos blocked

Mike McCarty wrote:
Dago Pacheco wrote:

ok... how can i check for the system temp or fan speed in CentOS. I tried to look for an applet to check it, but i found just for Gnome (I use KDE), so, is there any system file o command that show me that information?

You'd be better off just putting a thermometer in there. Those
sensors are not accurate unless calibrated, and not accurate
if they are calibrated.

But really, if the fan spins, and makes no noticeable noise,
and you've dusted out the box and vacuumed it, then heat
is not likely the culprit.
Mine was. My drive overheated and died. Painfully. Fortunately, a blue ice pack under it kept it kool enough long enough to copy all the data off it.

I ran this system for 4 years with XP. 9 months with Linux and the drive toasted. Either:

The drive was 'due' to toast.
The constant drive usage compared to XP made it run hotter, longer.