Re: using true UTC timezone everywhere

Stephen Harris wrote:

The one gotcha is to move any cron jobs to idle times.  Midnight GMT
might be peak activity on your webserver so you don't want overnight
jobs to kick off then!

Good idea.

One other thing is that, when reading logs, for now people are used to see timestamps in the local time zone. But, since the logs that actually matter will be in a database, I guess I can always add a translation layer to the PHP page that will display those logs and optionally convert the timestamps to local time on-the-fly, if that's what the user wants.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/