Re: Jumping from FC2

John R Pierce wrote:
Matthew Miller wrote:

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 11:08:10AM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
...be /media now, I guess) /etc and similar for my network settings. I am not running LVM, and do not wish to. I am not running a wireless network, and
do not wish to. I am not running a web server, nor do I wish to. I am
running kernel 2.6.10, and I see that CentOS 4.x is 2.6.9, which I suppose
is pretty close. I do not run SELinux, nor do I wish to.

Okay. None of those things you don't wish to do are forced on you by any
version of Fedora or CentOS.

well, the CentOS installer will default to partitioning the disk with LVM, so Mike will have to specify that he wants to manually partition, then just create simple partitions.

That's the kind of "gotcha" I was looking for. One of the reasons
I refused to load FC4 on my machine was that I did a test install
on another machine, and it didn't even ask whether I wanted to
use LVM. I need to know how to disable SELinux as well, I trow.

I'm downloading the CentOS 4.4 LiveCD at the moment, and perhaps
one way to test would be to boot with that and see how it looks.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.