Re: How do I create a clean build environment?

Hi

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:

1) Which of the above should not be available in my build environment (and why), if you have the time?

essentially, you only need the pkgs in 'base' and 'core' as well as other build-requires and their dep chains to build a package.

2) I've found plague and plague-related RPMs at http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/x86_64/RPMS/repodata/repoview/Development.Tools.group.html - which of them do I need and which versions (I'm guessing "all" and "the latest")?

plague is a buildsystem - but not a package builder, it uses mock under the hood, and I am guessing all you really want is mock and not the whole plague suite.

3) Where is documentation on how to use plague? I didn't see it at the above URL....

I suggest you start with mock, lots of docs on the fedora project wiki for that.

- KB