Re: How can I batch print html pages

Will McDonald wrote:
On 15/02/07, John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will McDonald wrote:
\>
> Doesn't sending the HTML content to 'lpr' Just Work? I would've
> thought all the Foomatic filtering magic would've known what to do
> with HTML, though I don't have a Linux box setup for printing here.

I think it would do a find job of printing the HTML. I don't see how it
can usefully do much more than that without parsing the HTML and pulling
in all the images, style sheets and other important inclusions.

Fair point. I suppose that would depend on the particular format of
the HTML content, is it really just simple, internally consistent HTML
with no referenced images or external style definitions?

Will.
The HTML is all local on disk, no external references (one logo, but that's not important). I tried lpr <htmlfile> but that just print the HTML :-( A filter for PDF is present, that's why I also looked for a HTML to PDF converter. They exist, but work with PHP on a server, and that's a little bit to much work right now. At least I hope there is a little command-line utility html2pdf or htnl2ps or html2printer...

Theo