Re: How can I batch print html pages

On 15/02/07, Theo Band <theo.band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought this was easy, but it turns out to be not so obvious.

My problem:
I have a database with hour registration. I need to print out about
hundreds of pages and have them signed by employees. Of course I want to
do this automatically. Up to now I have a collection of html pages (got
them using wget). So the final thing I want is to print them all out in
one go.

How to do that?

I search for a command-line option to convert the html to pdf. Or have
firefox/konqueror print them directly without user intervention (there
is not a switch like "firefox --print <url>"). Note that the pages are
off-line, not on the server. The original pages can only retrieved with
after authorization. That's why I used wget with a saved session cookie.

Anyone got an simple solution?

Doesn't sending the HTML content to 'lpr' Just Work? I would've
thought all the Foomatic filtering magic would've known what to do
with HTML, though I don't have a Linux box setup for printing here.

Otherwise, look for html2pdf or html2ps.

Will.