Re: How to prevent reading of an xml in a particular directory from browser in apache on Centos4.4

On 2/10/07, ankush grover <ankushcentos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I have configured a HelpDesk Ticketing System on Centos4.4. The
problem I am facing is that there is a file called "site.xml" which
contains the information about database connections and I don't want
ppl to be able to read that file through browser. As per the
readme.htm of that software if the below entries will be put in
.htaccess then nobody can read the xml through browser.

I am not an apache wiz but have you tried excluding just that file - I
think the stanza you posted was trying to block reading of all xml
files. Also, how is your top level apache config file set up? Can you
use .htaccess files within sections of the same or other sites? I know
it is possible to set up your main configuration so that normal users
can't override options in lower level config files.

--
Cynthia Kiser