Re: Problems loading CentOS 4.4 on ASUS M2N-MX mobo

Feizhou ... thank you for the reply.

Feizhou wrote:

"When you get the grub screen, hit esc to stop the count down. Edit the

kernel line and add 'acpi=off' to the list of kernel parameters. Then

boot (run) that grub entry.

After you have got in, edit all your kernel parameters to add acpi=off.

That is how I get Centos 64-bit to run stably on my Asus manufactured

board. Asus BIOSes are crap and their acpi table setup is lousy."

I only have one question ... if it does successfully boot using the "acpi=off" parameter how do I actually edit all of the kernel parameters to reflect the change? What file do I edit ... need some hand holding here if you don't mind.

Thanks again

Ed