Re: Accessing vncserver

Bart -

When I am the road, I would like to be able to access the server. I can do it with putty or another SSH client I have (Windoz) How can I access VNC with those clients?

Todd

Bart Schaefer wrote:

However, tcp ports 5900/5901 inbound do need to be open if you want to
connect to VNC.

You need to NOT open those to everyone and only to trusted source
machines as VNC does not encrypt login info by default

VNC doesn't encrypt anything by default.

I recommend leaving the ports closed and always connecting to VNC
through an ssh tunnel.

Ariste Software
2200 D Street Ext
Petaluma, CA 94952