3.8 failure message

Hi all,

I have a relatively idle Centos 3.8 server that I'd neglected to upgrade in quite some time (I think a 1ghz P3) on an old Intel 815 board. The OS has been regularly updated and probably was current as of a week or two ago. It was mostly a playground for a couple of vanity domains so when it went down I didn't really give it top priority. Today I had someone wander over and look at the screen and see if they could bounce the power and have it wake back up. I don't think I've ever seen this particular situation before:

The last msg on the screen is from the boot loader

"total huge TLB memory allocated, 0"

and thats it. It won't boot. It stops dead.

I'm assuming it's just some sort of mainboard/memory/processor type of failure since it does manage to find the boot loader. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions before I drive a couple of hours with my bag of parts. I periodically image the drive and copy it to another box on the same lan segment so at least it should be easy to rebuild once the machine is stable again. :)

Any suggestions/insights would be appreciated.

Best regards,