Re: Where can I get samba-vscan from?

(if you upgrade to CentOS-5, you will have to change binaries, as the
current ones are compiled against an older GLIBC ... they most likely
won't work on CentOS-5.  Currently the CentOS-5 beta we are working on
contains samba-3.0.23c .. that version would require you to force
install it if you were using either kde-redhat or enterprisesamba.org as
they both contain samba-3.0.23d.  I just say this to remind people that
upgrading will be harder when 3rd party apps are involved ... because
upstream could shift this to samba 3.0.23d for final)

That being said, kde-redhat would probably be easier to use (they have a
yum repo) ... and I am sure that they will also produce files for el5
fairly soon after is it released.

Not that I personally recommend upgrading to anything outside the main
CentOS versions ... but if you are going to do so, kde-readhat would
seem to be the easiest way to stay updated.

Thank you Johnny. Since I need samba-vscan, and there's no other way
to go, I think I'll enable the kde-redhat repos and see how things go
... :)

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Regards,
Rakhesh