Re: Where can I get samba-vscan from?

That module does not exist in the Samba for CentOS-4.

You can get later versions of samba from enterprisesamba.org that does
have those modules.  (You are on your own for updates, etc. if you do
that, of course).

Also, the kde-redhat repository does have the newer sambas and a new KDE
and is fairly stable.

Both of these are 3rd party repos ... and make your centos different,
but have the rpm in question.

I am new to this and so would like your opinion.

What do you recommend amongst these two repos (or other options)? If I
follow this path would I later have difficulties while upgrading to
CentOS 5 for instance? Would the kde-redhat repo be recommended coz
any updates would atleast be fetched by yum (enterprisesamba.org does
not seem to have any yum repo as far as I can see).

Thanks,
Rakhesh