Re: Re: core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

?? Fedora is *not* shutting down. Core and Extras are merging, but plans for Fedora 7 continue apace. Maybe you're thinking of Fedora Legacy, which did shut down, but it was trying to fill the niche that RHEL/Centos already fill, really.

*gasp* I sit corrected I had Legacy confused with the Fedora project in general.

in my mail list/faq/wiki perusals on the fedora sites, I found a mention of a new fedora-security project that is being considered as a possible alternative to Legacy. One would guess this would consist mostly of critical security fixes rather than general bug releases, but having that would go a long way towards me being willing to consider basing a self-supported production system on fedora