Re: Best Board Your Ever Ran CentOS On?

Jim Perrin wrote:

This one is a toss up. It depends on what module you get for them. IBM
seems to push the HS21's and accompanying chassis with the nortel
layer 2/3 switching module, however there are others you can get.
We've ordered a patch-panel copper passthru module so that we can put
our cisco 4506 to good use. Basically each blade gets their own lines
to our patch panel, and from there to our switch.
I think I need some of those - *scribble* *scribble*.
This one surprises me. I guess it might depend on who your rep is and
what your organization is. we've got 24x7 4hour  support with them,
and they've never taken longer than 1.5 hours to show up. The tech
(when we've requested more than just a replacement part) has always
been reasonably intelligent, and his knuckles don't drag on the floor
at all. I was quite impressed.
I've only dealt with the guys on the phone.  He was reasonably intelligent,
and probably his fix will work, it's just being a PITA to implement, and it
still smells like it's hardware, but he's claiming it's Celeron microcode and
I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to fix it.  Hopefully next week I'll
deal with it while I'm spending a few days of quality time building out a bunch of new stuff down there. I'm pretty sure his knuckles don't drag on the floor though, he wasn't just reading a screen. Did take him a week plus to call me
back when I called an hour after he went home that night.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss