Re: centos driver disk?

Steve Huff wrote:
the recent discussion of support for Promise SATA drives reminded me that a while back i remember reading about a project to assemble a driver disk to provide wider hardware support than just stock CentOS. how's that coming along? i don't see anything in the wiki about it...

one way to fix that, is to start a wiki page. I do still have some makefiles around and can resuscitate that project.

as i have a vested interest in this project (since i'm still relying on old MegaRAID controllers), i'd be willing to help out with it. what's the current status, and what needs doing?

stutus is that I asked for someone to help with it, and didnt get much of a response. Also the few major drivers that people wanted, got rolled in upstream ( 3ware / *sata / couple of network interface drivers ), so there was much steam lost.

- KB