centos driver disk?

the recent discussion of support for Promise SATA drives reminded me that a while back i remember reading about a project to assemble a driver disk to provide wider hardware support than just stock CentOS. how's that coming along? i don't see anything in the wiki about it...

as i have a vested interest in this project (since i'm still relying on old MegaRAID controllers), i'd be willing to help out with it. what's the current status, and what needs doing?

thanks,
-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v