Re: slow system

Craig White wrote:
I have software RAID level 1 and the mirrored drives are the master &
slave on the primary controller and I'm thinking that is my mistake.

Is there a simple method for changing the configuration of md before I
switch the slave drive to be the slave on the secondary controller?

I think they will pair up automatically if you shut down cleanly
and move the connector.  If not, just 'mdadm --add' it back after
it comes up with a missing member.  If you have to add it back,
the drives will have to resync so there is a small risk of
failure during the process.
----
great thanks - am I right in thinking that having both mirrored drives
on the same controller master/slave is likely a cause of slowness?

It will make some difference on writes, but reads should only
be done on one of the drives anyway.  I doubt if it makes a huge
difference unless you have an application writing all the time.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx