Re: Switching from Vesa driver to video adapter driver fails

Edward Diener wrote:
The Vesa driver works fine with CentOS 4.4. I have an NVidia 6200 video adapter. I go to Applications | System Settings | Display | Hardware tab and find my video adapter in the list and set it. The dialog tells me I have to log out for it to take effect, so I duly do that. I then getting a message from a non-graphics screen saying that the attempt to switch to the video adapter failed.
[snip]

Use the vesa driver or use the proprietary nvidia driver. The nv driver from xorg (or at least the version(s) supplies with Centos 4 do not support my 6200 card. No amount of fiddling made any difference. The proprietary driver supports it very nicely (if your computing philosophy allows you to use it).

Ted Miller