Re: centos 3.3 to 4.x?

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 07:14 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> I quite expected problems switching between RH and Debian, but the
> _only_ problem I have at present that logging out doesn't save my
> desktop for restoration when I login again.

You have had better luck than I - have seen applications that crash due
to bad user config files, menu entries in the GUI or desktop icons that
point to nowhere and do nothing, missing entries for installed
applications that are present in a fresh install, bogus environment
variables that put non-existent items on the $PATH or point applications
to missing/changed directories, ....

Anyway, I'd count not saving the desktop settings as fully satisfying my
guarantee of problems. :-)

Phil