Re: Fedora Legacy shutting down

John Summerfield wrote:
Jay Leafey wrote:
I didn't see anything on the list about this over the holidays and thought it might be of some interest:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/2006-December/msg00049.html

Lots of discussion around this topic on the fedora-legacy-list.

I maintain a RHL 7.3 system; what's involved in switching it to CentOS2.1?

I presume I need to replace the /etc/releases file, the yum configuration and (maybe) force-reinstall some upgrades

Just curious about why you'd choose to do that rather than upgrade to the latest 3.x or 4.x release. Do you have some canned binaries that won't run on a more recent vintage system even with the compatibility libs?

Cheers,