Re: Re: UPS support on CentOS 4.4

Quoting Edward Diener <eldiener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I am considering writing a program for myself also, since I am a
programmer. But if something already exists which works well, I will
use that.

Looking at the apcupsd config files, you probably want to enable ANNOY stuff in /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf, and than create onbattery (power lost, running on battery) and annoyme (I'm gonna shut down soon) scripts in /etc/apcupsd that will display popup windows. Default action from apccontrol file will be also executed after your script unless you exit from the script with exit code 99. See /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol for details. You probably want to background the process that opens popup window so that your scripts exit right away (instead of waiting for user to close popup).