Re: CentOS 4.4 Strange hang on a poweredge 2900.

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
I surmised the meaning of the -a switch by running it and I also did the
ifconfig --help and found, like you, it was listed but no meaning given.
I was just baffled by a switch not listed.  Learn something new every
day.
Have you checked support.dell.com for a nick driver?  I don't know about
the linux versions as I have not worked on Dell linux boxes, but the
windows versions have updated drivers there for all the components like
TOE (not applicable to you as the TOE feature does not work in linux).
Perhaps you just need an updated driver for the Gigabyte NIC?

Checked for an updated driver, didn't see anything. Swapped in the Intel pro1000/100/10, didn't see a change in the behavior. Going to try the x86_64 version, and if that doesn't work, probably just go back and run it on FreeBSD. Not to say that I can't be bothered to figure out what the problem is, I'm just at a loss and not getting a response out of
linux-poweredge yet either.  We'll see, the jury's still out :)

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>
http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown