Re: Diagnosing random hangs

Quoting Mark Belanger <mark_belanger@xxxxxxx>:

I have many different centos machines that are hanging
regulary.  I believe this is due to something our application
is doing - not a centos specific problem.

When the machines hang, there is no access to the console
or remote access(ssh, rsh, etc).

Any tips on debugging this issue?  It is becoming quite a
show stopper as we migrate our product from Solaris to
Linux.

Consider setting up serial console (you'll still be able to run X11 on your keyboard/monitor). Or alternatively, you might try setting up network console.

Check out serial-console.txt and networking/netconsole.txt in kernel documentation.