Re: recompiling LVM or move to GFS for MySQL?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Jed Reynolds wrote:
Is LVM snapshotting going to busted forever, and should I go for GFS locally mounted?

you seem to be talking about a time long long back, lvm snapshoting has been working fine for me since 4.3 days ( and has mostly worked fine on C-3 anyway )

when was the last time you actually *used* it ?

Snapshots most assuredly does NOT work when you have the cluster LVM enabled.  Here's a quick example:

[root@cobalt ~]# lvcreate --snapshot --size 1G --name compaq-snap /dev/software/compaq
  Clustered snapshots are not yet supported.
[root@cobalt ~]#

At the Red Hat summit back in the summer I spoke with a lot of the cluster developers, this is something that is apparently a pretty hot deliverable for them. I know I sure want it back, but I haven't heard anything about when it will be available on a clustered system.

My $.02
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey@xxxxxxxxxxxx