recompiling LVM or move to GFS for MySQL?

I'm planning some new mysql database servers and I've had problems with LVM in the past with snapshots. I've had advice from someone from MySQL AB to try out GFS because it's snapshotting is supposed not to be broken. Looking at some of the GFS documentation on Redhat.com makes it look like GFS might be or might not be a simple replacement if I'm just mounting it locally, but I've never tried it out. On the other hand, I've seen posts saying that if I do something like a rpm rebuild of LVM and udev and somesuch LVM snapshotting should work.

I'd prefer to run a server configuration where I could do a scripted server build without having to install GCC and rebuild RPM packages when it came time to do a reinstall or create another replica server.

Is LVM snapshotting going to busted forever, and should I go for GFS locally mounted?

Jed