Re: [OT] Linux/CentOS Volunteer or PT Work

PG,

On 12/6/06, techlists@xxxxxxxxxxx <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you're trying to get a break into a certain niche, every little bit
helps. The RCHE cert does require hands on effort, so it's not looked at as
a "paper certification". Your IT background is pretty decent anyway, so it's
not like you're really starting from scratch. Especially the Solaris and HP
experience is relevant to administering Linux.

Btw, I got started with CentOS for the same reason as you. I wanted to
pursue the RHCE and couldn't afford to fork out the cash for a Redhat
license. (Are you listening Redhat? CentOS is bringing you business because
it helps IT people get experience and eventually certification with your
product!)

PG

So did you end up getting your RHCE or did you decide it wasn't work
the trouble for the benefit?

Nick