[CentOS] Any long-time CentOS users on list using Ubuntu as well?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, chrism@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've gotten roped into helping a local charity with some computing/infrastructure snafus. It seems their last good Samaritan installed Ubuntu all over the place and is "unavailable" now to clean up the mess. CentOS has made me somewhat lazy because everything just works out of the box for the most part and you've got the occasional "yum update". :)

We maintain a Debian box for internal testing of some code; Assuming the /etc/apt/sources.list is intact, as root:

apt-get update
apt-get update

should do most things; if you get messages about packages being held back from upgrades, contact me off list (as these are after all Debian type issues), but basically,

dpkg --remove
	- and -
dpkg --configure -a

are your friends.