[CentOS] Any long-time CentOS users on list using Ubuntu as well?

I've gotten roped into helping a local charity with some computing/infrastructure snafus. It seems their last good Samaritan installed Ubuntu all over the place and is "unavailable" now to clean up the mess. CentOS has made me somewhat lazy because everything just works out of the box for the most part and you've got the occasional "yum update". :) These are all desktop systems, if that makes any difference. With any luck, I'll be able to pave over the installs with CentOS 4.4 and call it a day. :D

Any suggestions on known piles of doodie to step over would be very much appreciated. <g>

Best regards,