Re: [CentOS] CentOS 4.4 and other software?

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
I just installed CentOS 4.4 on my laptop, having good experience with Debian, Fedora Core 5, and RHEL4. I really like 4.4's overall appearance (meshing of RHEL4 and FC5), but what I have yet to figure out is how to access repositories for applications that are not part of the default install, such as ncftp. I invoked and updated yum, but it had no idea.

ncftp is out there somewhere, but as the other reply indicated, there might be better options than ncftp.

<snip>

Am I missing something with available packages?

For the packages that are not included with the core distro or extras repos, I suggest adding the rpmforge repository:

  http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

Install and use the RHEL 4 repo for CentOS 4.

 Dan Stoner
 Network Administrator
 Florida Museum of Natural History
 University of Florida