Re: [CentOS] Dual Opteron or Dual Xeon?

Well...what other chipset provider is there for the Woodcrest? Unless you want to point the extra power needed for FB-DIMM solutions and thus extra cooling I suppose...

That (power and cooling) is indeed what I was referring to.

The old not enough juice causing instability problem eh? So much for Intel's performance per watt dribble. I heard this Dell guy promote Dell's Intel boxes on the basis of performance per watt. I cannot wait to see him do it for Opteron boxes :D.