Re: [CentOS] Terminal settings question.

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
David Mackintosh wrote:
Hiya folks,
So.  Clearly I have something set incorrectly so that Mutt (and/or the
terminal I am using) do not understand the special characters.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction to find the answer as to how to
fix this so that I can ditch Thunderbird and go back to Mutt?

It works for me with "TERM=gnome mutt".

Doesn't work. I probably should have mentioned that I see this problem in these terminals:

- putty on windows
- xterm on linux
- gnome-terminal on linux
- multi-gnome-terminal on linux
- linux on linux (ie logged into the console)

Doing an export TERM=vt100 before invoking mutt sometimes, but not always, can make some of these problems go away (but not this one).

This is an example of what I am seeing:

http://www.xdroop.com/img/mutt-terminal-drippings.jpg

 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | dave@xxxxxxxxxx