[CentOS] migrating servers (advice)

Hi,

I'm about to copy the contents of one server onto another. The "plan" that I've come up with is:

1) boot the new server with a live disc, partition accordingly

2) a big tar-over-ssh for the /boot, and root partitions (that's all there is)

3) adjust the fstab so that it'll find the new scsi partitions vs. the old ATA ones.

3) then chroot into the new system and run grub to initialize the bootloader.

I'm switching a server from a single HD to a SCSI mirror on our new machine. So it has a different partition setup and I don't want to mess with resizing.

Does that sound about right to get the machine booted? I'm sure there will be some other minor things but I can sort that out once I get the data over and the machine booted.

--Ajay

--
Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma
REVShare