Re: [CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Steve Bergman wrote:
I would be interested to see your results if you care to try ext2.

Well, Steve, I was really hoping to have some benchmarks for you. But some kind of massive slowdown has hit my new server. That's what caused my faulty call on the ext3 journal parameter change.

I don't know what happened. Nothing in the logs or dmesg that I can see. The system now is very slow creating file systems and becomes unresponsive while bonnie++ is writing.

Guess I'll remove all the extraneous LVs and start again.