Re: [CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

How serious a level of damage before it refuses -y?

Just guessing, but probably anytime 2 or more concurrent writes
had allocated space but not completed the updates.

I cannot remember any time that I have not been able to do -y and there have been times when I saw a huge amount of errors being automatically fixed.

With ext2 my odds were at least one out of 10 that a busy
machine wouldn't come back up automatically after a power
glitch.   Ext3 is much better because it normally just
uses the journal to recover.

Hang on, I might be off on a tangent here. Are you saying there is a difference between fsck on ext2 and fsck on ext3 (when not doing journal recovery of course) when it comes to -y?