Re: [CentOS] Installing Java 1.4.2

On 1/16/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How can I be sure of the dependencies?
> What yum command would I run afterwards?
> How do I get updates to this rpm over time?
>
> thanks!

jpackage offers a yum repository. You'll need to set that up if you
want to update from their packages. As for the java rpm. You're on
your own for that one. Sun has yet to set up a java repository, and
their license is such that we cannot.

Revisiting this after many months... Is it still true that every user
has to track when
Sun and jpackage issue matching updates and get them separately the
hard way...

--
 Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx