Re: [CentOS] Yum upgrade to 4.4 problem

Johnny Hughes wrote:
On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 12:09 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 08:58:54AM -0700, Joe Pruett wrote:
bingo! that seems to fix things. so for anyone who got themselves in the same state, just:
rpm -F python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.i386.rpm
and then the world is happy again.
I remember a similar problem from when we updated sqlite on our FC4-based
systems.
CentOS developers -- any chance of re-issuing the release notes with this
added bit of information?

Hi Johnny, Matthew,

Sure ... help me understand the problem better.

If you are going to upgrade yum separately first, so it like this:

yum update yum sqlite python-sqlite python-urlgrabber python-elementtree

Success!

I've updated two boxes by doing
# yum upgrade yum sqlite python-sqlite
and then
# yum upgrade

If I understand correctly, my problem this time was caused by me trying to be cautious to avoid a problem similar to the last previous major update. If I had done
# yum upgrade
I had not run into the conflict, right?

Should not sqlite depend on python-sqlite if python-sqlite needs to be updated first?

I'll continue my botched updates when I get back to the office tomorrow.

Thank you all .-)

-S

then perform the other updates ....