Re: [CentOS] Forum utility, facility?

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 16:42 -0300, Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro wrote:
> Maybe the solution for this is putting a good Searcher on the Centos
> page, so people could just try it with two or three words before
> having *any* work inside Wiki, FAQ, mailing lists archives, IRC logs
> (oops), and so on.

You mean like this:

http://www.centos.org/search.php

Yes, thank you. That's ideal.

I would just add that www.centos.org could have a direct Search on the front page - listen, this is just my opinion. I have used the site for a while, but have never noticed the Search link. It is not a problem on the page, it's a problem on the user (me), and I still believe some (or most) users are "lazy" like me. That's a question of comfort which makes things much easier. That's why "we" are accustomed to using google instead of even looking for a search mechanism on the site we are looking at.

or using google with a search like this:

"site: www.centos.org xxxxx xxxxx"
(where xxxxx are your search terms)