[CentOS] Centos 4.3 + KDE + mtrr error

Hello. I'm running Centos 4.3 with KDE from CentOS. There're some "unsupported" packages, like kernel 2.6.9-34.108.plus.c4smp, Picasa and Google Earth.

Picasa and Google Earth had never showed critical problems (before), although they're beta versions.

Today, I started Picasa and Google Earth at the same time, and the X became a black screen, like it was killed and was just trying to start again, but couldn't. The xdm mouse cursor showed up, but suddenly disappeared again, and this was looping forever.

Then I went into another computer, 'ssh'ed into that one, and typed 'dmesg'. The last important lines are these:
application Picasa2 uses obsolete OSS audio interface
[drm:i915_wait_irq] *ERROR* i915_wait_irq: EBUSY -- rec: 3123 emitted: 3125
mtrr: base(0x80020000) is not aligned on a size(0x300000) boundary
(this last line kept repeating many times)

'top' showed almost 100% for process X, that disappeared and appeared again with a different PID. It seems that X got killed for some reason, and xdm was trying to start up again, but got killed every time with that mtrr error.

My video is Intel 945 onboard, but I guess it uses Intel 915 driver, so that i915 makes sense. I think this problem has to do with the video card/driver.

Could someone explain to me what may have happened ?

--
Vilela