Re: [CentOS] FW: FDISK Help please in Centos 4.3

William L. Maltby wrote:
Even more, raw has only 1 basic advantage: max space and speed. But LVM
seems to have little enough overhead that all its advantages become
predominate in my mind. I never use raw anymore, regardless of size. I
am too much in love with things like vgextend, vgreduce, ... that allow
easy adjustments as the environmental needs change.

Now, if the LVM implementation in Linux supported mirroring, that would be great. Perfect as replacement of md-raid1 and perfect for drive migrations where you don't have to move real live data, as you just move mirrors.

And define /boot to always start in PE #1, and you could do away with partitions all together with an easy addition to grub.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten@xxxxxxxxxxx

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.