Re: [CentOS] Managing updates to non-centos packages :: SOLVED

Is there a way to tell yum to only pull updates from rpmforge for packages that were initially installed from rpmforge?

I accidentally stumbled across a good solution after following a link to the CentOS SVN Wiki page (which someone kindly posted to this list earlier).

http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/ProtectBase

"The purpose of the protectbase plugin is to protect certian repositories from updates from other repositories. Repositories that are to be protected will not be updated by newer files from non protected repositories. This plugin is recommended for anyone who routinely enables 3rd party repositories, as these non-CentOS repositories may update certian system files, potentially causing your CentOS installation to become unstable."

Wicked!

I thought I should post it here in case someone searches the list with the same problem.

Thanks for your help, Morten.  I hope this is useful for you?

LC.