Re: [CentOS] CentOS Based Fierwall Document

Frank Tanner III wrote:
My characterization of the community is spot-on with regards to
        the way
        that I have been treated both on the forums and in the mailing
        list
        over-all.
I go out of my way to provide a document that I think might be
        useful to
        others and get nothing but harsh criticism for it.  How would
        YOU feel
        if the roles were reversed?  I wasn't looking for a "Thank you
        thank you
        for providing a wonderful document.", however I was not looking
        for a
        "You asshole.  We have no idea what you are talking about.  Piss
        off."
        either.  And the latter is what I got.
This whole thing could have been avoided had he either not
        responded at
        all if the message didn't concern him, respond with some USEFUL
        feedback, or apologize for being a jerk to begin with.
As far as the "community" as a whole, go out there and read the
        trade
        publications and the publications that business decision makers
        base
        their decisions about the community on.  They all, pretty much,
        say the
        same thing.  Open Source is great.  The people are not.  That's
        what it
        boils down to.

Well, with an attitude like that, I can say that I don't think your absence on the list will be missed. That's a mighty big chip on your shoulder. It must be heavy.

*shrug*