Re: [CentOS] DNS Server and SQL backend

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 11:23:55AM -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:
Hi -

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I recently converted ~120k domains in DNS from BIND to MyDNS, and it's proving to work quite well. I'm extremely happy with it. Even moreso, implementing a secondary is as easy as MySQL replication. It's fast, has proven to be stable, and since it's MySQL-based, we are easily able to integrate it with our other systems.

More information can be found at http://mydns.bboy.net .

Well, having no recursive services is a bitch, at least for me.
MyDNS's IPv6 support is also, from what I've heard, between
non-existant and iffy.

I have read about PowerDNS, but I really haven't tried it yet.
It is hard to step away from Bind.

[]s

- --
<snip snip snip yada yada blah blah>

Hi -

Yes, I cheat - I run BIND as a small caching nameserver accepting connections on 127.0.0.1, which MyDNS asks for. I forgot to mention that MyDNS doesn't offer recursive services. Oops.

Thanks
-dant