Re: [CentOS] DNS Server and SQL backend

Rodrigo Barbosa schrieb:

I think most people here use BIND as their DNS server of choise.

I just happen to have updated DLZ patch for the current bind version.

DLZ patch allows you to use mysql (pgsql, ldap etc) as a backend for
zone storage. I make no garantees, of course, but if anyone is interested
on the patch (with or without the specfile for rpm building), please
let me know.

To read more about DLZ: http://bind-dlz.sourceforge.net/

Best Regards,

Hi Rodrigo,

mind you asking whether one should use your bind-dlz patch and not bind sdb? PNAELV includes SDB within the bind package on current Fedora Core and newer. Maybe you can point me to a paper?

Cheers

Alexander