Re: [CentOS] Kickstart from floppy falling into regular install

Alfred von Campe wrote:
On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:25, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Here you are. I had a little bit of fun actually getting the ks.cfg on this system to include it into this email....

Yes, I know how that is sometimes.

Anyway, the anaconda-ks.cfg file has all the partitioning information removed by default. I *think* I had to un-comment it to get the kickstart process to be completely automated. Try un-commenting everything starting from the clearpart line to the last logvol line to see if that helps.
ARGH!!!!!!!

And I looked and looked at that file. Of course I uncommented it the other time.....

Well I am in a 'bootstrap' situation.

I have the isos on a Win2000 server that I have 3Com's little ftp/tftp app. I don't YET have an HTTP or NFS Linux system to use for running installs off from.
BTW, any reason you chose ftp over http or NFS?

Well, if you have the CDs, you can still use the ks.cfg file and just swap the CDs when prompted. Or for that matter, answer all the prompts manually if you are just boostrapping the first system. It's when you have to set up multiple systems that kickstart comes in handy.
FTP works. I normally do 'original' installs with: linux askmethod, then select FTP, statically set up IP, and I am on my way.

I have had too many CD read failures when I was to the last few rpms and not able to recover.