Re: [CentOS] Building a new 2.6 kernel

John Warren wrote:
Success, well 98% success anyway.

New kernel boots just fine if you leave it alone during the boot but I have
run into one small problem that I home someone may have seen before.

During the boot Kudzu starts up. If you leave it alone and let it timeout the
boot completes. If you enter the Kudzu then the boot will hang. If you
CTRL-ALT-DEL the system will do a clean reboot. If you enter Kudzu it wants to
remove the Generic modem driver.

Have you tried altering /etc/sysconfig/kudzu?

You might also inspect /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and see if you can determine what it believes is different.

And have you read the kudzu man page?

Linus